AboutThis is the Tumblr for Cand86, a.k.a. Gwen, just a crazy girl who spends far too much time online.
This is the tumblr for my as-of-lately rarely updated blog, Pop Shot, a simpler place for me to drop off all the random thoughts in my brain and a dumping ground for every one of the amazing things I happen to find whilst meandering on the Internet- pictures, videos, songs, quotes, and websites that would otherwise languish in folders or on my browser's Favorites bar until I felt I could organize and post them "properly". Enjoy the unorganized mess!
First thoughts on the Crystal Twist:
* Oooh it’s so pretty! I got one with a color swirl on its edges- a sort of mossy green, and a peacock crystal. And the padded closable cloth thing it came with for storage is really nice, too.
* It’s shorter than I expected? Then again, most dildos seem to be too short to me, mostly because I’m used to ones whose extra length is for a handle, essentially. So I guess the insertable length is probably the same as what I like. But then again, I also really like the extra length that acts like a handle (particularly when it’s curved for sweet ergonomics, but that’s another post).
* It literally screws into my vagina. I mean, I guess I can just push it in, too, but honestly, it’s a little frightening how it feels like it’s meant to be screwed in- like my vag has threading for it.
* It stays in place! Which I pretty much love … my biggest pet peeve is dildos that slide out of you unless there’s something holding them in place or you close your legs.
* Despite being glass, which is smooth, has little drag, and usually doesn’t require much lubrication, this baby needs it. It’s not so much the material, but rather, the shape: it functions almost like a plug, with its wider base right up against the vulva when fully inserted. That wouldn’t be a problem if you were in-and-out thrusting with it, but because the motion is a swivel turn and (at least for me, so far) it feels best when fully inserted, the base is rubbin’ up against my labia a whole lot. The glass is fine inside, gliding smoothly with no friction or problems, but the issues surface on the outside. And yes, I know, I should just add extra lube, problem solved, but I kind of hate using artificial lube and unless I’m really wet, the natural stuff doesn’t last long with the base twisting back and forth on the outside.
* Similarly to the last point, because the base is right up against your vulva and you’re using a twisting motion, I kind of feel like this is a toy best used when you’ve shaved. I didn’t painfully tug on any hairs (thank goodness!), but I felt the potential for it (particularly combined with needing extra lube to keep things nice and glidey).
* I’m still experimenting with the sensation. Epiphora raved about it, and I’m waiting to give myself more time to get acclimated and learn how to get the best stimulation out of it. But as of right now, it certainly feels good, but not mind-blowing. And, because I can’t seem to review any toy without comparing it to the Pure Wand, it doesn’t seem to deliver the same amazingness that the Pure Wand does … while I can happily thrust away for probably a good hour with the Pure Wand without ever feeling the need to add clitoral stimulation, I’m not really diggin’ the Twist unless I’ve got the vibrator going at the same time. And the twisting does feel more labor-intensive, which I suppose necessarily makes it a little less awesome of an experience. But I do like the uniqueness of it sensation, and the shape feels really awesome to clench around- far more so than the ball end of the Pure Wand.
* I really want to know if my vag, like Epiphora’s, would also prefer the counter-clockwise turn.
It is getting consensually and safely fucked in the ass with lots and lots of lube and healthy communication skills and condoms.
It is not “lets call it something else to help protect heterosexual cis men from being worried their ‘manhood’ is in question while still getting them off”
That andI’m pretty sure Dan Savage coined the term, so yeah, fuck him.
I go back on forth on this because, on one hand, hell yeah, I totally agree! Giving male-recipient heterosexual anal sex its own name in essence reinforces female-recipient heterosexual anal sex as the unquestioned norm.
On the other hand, you can pry from my cold, dead hands such a useful word as “pegging”, which instantly explains the practice with no ambiguity, and lets me search for the content I’m seeking easily (particularly when “strap-on” yields lots and lots of lesbian content).
I just found out the coolest thing about Sebastian Keys- in one of his behind-the-scenes interviews, he talks about how when his family found out that he was doing gay porn, it prompted his dad to come out to him as bi.
Porn, ya’ll … bringin’ family together!
And that his family knows and is presumably accepting of it makes me even happier. Obviously, that’s not always the best thing for everybody, but I tend to think that sex workers who can be honest and authentic about what they do are generally better off. You don’t have to compartmentalize and hide a huge part of your life, you don’t have to lie, you don’t have to worry about being found out, and you have a strong support structure in place to give you stability, acceptance, and unconditional love. I know there are plenty of sex workers who have “adopted porn families”, but I do think it’s important to have confidants who are both not in the industry (to provide an outside perspective) and don’t have a financial stake in your career, you know?